Norfolk County Fire Department
Volunteer Firefighter Application Process
Applications must be Returned by 4:30 P.M. on Friday, August 17th, 2018
Norfolk County Human Resources & Staff Development
185 Robinson Street, Suite 300,
Simcoe, ON, N3Y 5L6 519-426-5870
The application process for volunteer firefighters is designed to help candidates understand the degree of skill, commitment, and personal character required to be a successful volunteer firefighter.
For further information, attend one of the two sessions to be held:
– Thursday, July 19th at the Langton Community Center, 22 Albert Street or
– Thursday, July 26th at Fanshawe College, 634 Ireland Road in Simcoe.
Both sessions begin at 7 pm. Families welcome.
Please read carefully prior to completing your application:
- All successful candidates will be expected to complete a mandatory recruit training program. As a recruit, you need to be aware that this training consists of a self-study program accompanied with classroom participation one weekend a month for six (6) months.
- Selected volunteer firefighters will be assigned to the fire station nearest to their home address.
- To have your application considered you must complete the application form in its entirety and the information must be accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- Your application MUST INCLUDE a completed Vulnerable Sector Check obtained by taking the letter supplied in this package to the Ontario Provincial Police.
- Your application MUST INCLUDE the completed authorization for a Drivers Abstract Check.
- Completed applications need to be placed in a sealed envelope, addressed “Firefighter Application” and delivered to the Human Resources & Staff Development Department at 185 Robinson Street Suite 300, Simcoe by the application deadline.
Firefighting positions are voluntary. Your time responding to emergencies, training, and certain activities is reimbursed.
The selection process to full membership consists of the following steps:
Submission of application, drivers abstract consent and vulnerable sector check by
August 17th, 2018
- Written aptitude test. Provide accommodation needs prior to test day.
- Physical and mental abilities test.
TESTING will be offered on two weekends. You MUST attend ONE of these testing dates:
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22nd OR SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29th
Individual candidate interview.
- Submission (upon request) of Medical Information.
- Offer of membership to selected candidates with a minimum one year probationary period.
- Mandatory attendance at an orientation session Saturday, March 2nd, 2019.
- Successful completion of a mandatory six month recruit training program.
- Obtaining a DZ driver’s license within 3 years of date of hire.
Download, complete and print the 2018 Volunteer Firefighter Application Package
- Firefighter Recruitment
- Tanker Shuttle Accreditation
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Station 1 Simcoe
- Station 2 Port Dover
- Station 3 Waterford
- Station 4 Teeterville
- Station 5 Delhi
- Station 6 Courtland
- Station 7 Langton
- Station 8 Fairground
- Station 9 Port Rowan
- Station 10 St. Williams
- Station 11 Vittoria
- January 2018
- June 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- January 2016
- May 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- October 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- May 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011